Perhaps Fiberfloor is a term you have never heard before. It sounds like some hippy-dippy-something-or-other, doesn’t it? Well, it’s not! But, what is it then?
Fiberfloor by Tarkett is the latest in resilient sheet goods flooring and is replacing the traditional felt-backed vinyl floors that we have seen for years. Its made with woven fiberglass, foam and resilient wear layers.
Its durable and looks great! In fact, Tarkett states that Fiberfloor will “stand up to real-life water, moisture, scuffs, scratches and indentations” which means that it is a perfect flooring choice for today’s busy families!
Here are some other Special Features (from http://www.tarkettna.com)
- Warm, quiet and comfortable
- Hypoallergenic, and certified asthma and allergy friendly™
- Wear-scuff-scratch-indentation resistant
- Water-moisture-mold-and mildew resistant
- Stain resistant and easy to clean
- Lifetime, 15- and 10-year limited warranties
- Phthalate-free construction
And, these days, everyone is concerned about indoor air quality, you want to know that you are installing a product that is not going to be toxic to you and your family. Studies have shown that people spend an average of 93% of their time indoors! Fiberfloor is certified allergy and asthma friendly by The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, the oldest and largest not-for-profit asthma and allergy patient advocacy organization in the world. Fiberfloor is currently the only flooring product to pass their rigorous requirements and obtain this certification. To learn more about this click on the link here.
To customize your buying experience, Tarkett has a feature on their website called residential visualizer, where you can upload a photo and see your room with the floor you are considering! This is a great option and takes the stress of making a mistake by not knowing what the end product will look like.
Best of all, as with most resilient flooring types, maintenance is simple! (from http://www.tarkettna.com)
- Sweep or vacuum regularly to remove dirt and grit that can abrade or scratch your new floor
- Wipe up all spills promptly and thoroughly with a damp cloth or mop.
- Wash your floor using SureShine® Cleaner or a suitable mild detergent
- Mats and Rugs: Non-staining mats are helpful in removing harmful grit at entryways and can help prolong the life of your floor
Visit www.tarkettna.com for more info.